Effect for participants:
- Understanding the reasons for performance management, the principles of performance measurement.
- Learn how to correctly choose and set the indicators to measure performance.
- Learn to set the objectives for the entire organization, teams, and individuals and become familiar with the principles and steps necessary for successfully meeting the goals.
- Learn how to measure the performance of processes and use the measures for improving the performance of processes.
- Realizing the factors that are affecting the performance of the team and learn how to compose and build a high-performing team.
- Learn how to influence the performance of individuals and work with an action plan to accomplish the individual and team targets efficiently.
- effort vs. result
- performance management areas
- organizational performance model
- performance factors and their impacts on the performance of the organization
- reasons for measurement
- performance measurement principles
- problems associated with performance measurement
- the rules of proper performance measurement
- types of indicators and their suitable use
- preliminary and delayed indicators
Objectives, objective-based management
- inputs, outputs, results
- level and hierarchy of objectives in an organization
- well defined objectives
- achievement of objectives
- the principle of objective-based management
Performance of processes
- processes in an organization
- quality, performance, productivity
- measuring the performance of processes
- choosing the indicators for process performance measurement
- universal indicators, special indicators
- useful and useless outputs
Performance of the working team
- factors affecting the team’s performance
- systemic factors
- human factors
- the procedure for building a high-performing team
- measuring and evaluating the progress and results
Managing the performance of an individual
- conditions for individual performance
- performance from organization's perspective – benefits
- compliance with organization's hierarchical and strategic objectives
- monitoring individual performance, evaluation, and corrections
Developing and using an action plan
- the meaning of action plans
- the use of action plans
- action plan structure
- continuously working with the plan