Effect for participants:
- Know the difference between a team and a working group, the benefits and potential threats in teamwork, as well as barriers hindering effective team cooperation.
- Learn how to properly compose and build a team, know the principles of team dynamics and the development stages of a forming team.
- Know the principle of team roles, learn to assign tasks and responsibilities in a team based on individual capabilities of team members.
- Learn how to correctly handle the perception of other team members, realizing and avoiding the possible pitfalls in judging others to improve cooperation within the team.
- Learn how to choose the right style of team leadership and manage the team’s performance.
- Know how to prevent conflicts in a team and resolve potential conflicts in a way that will benefit cooperation within the team.
A working group and a team
- Differences between a team and a working group
- Characteristics of a team
- Differences in teamwork and individual work
- Barriers hindering effective cooperation
Building a team
- Team dynamics
- Team development stages
- Tasks, activities, and responsibilities of the team leader during team formation
- Pseudo-teams, potential teams, and real teams –the differences and characteristics
- The principle of team roles
- Identifying the capabilities of team members
- Self-awareness test of suitability for team roles
- Characteristics of individual types, strengths, and weaknesses
- Practical application of the principle of team roles in composing and building a team
Cooperation, team spirit
- Self-perception and perception of others – team members
- Mistakes in perception
- Self-knowledge, Johari window
- Competition vs. cooperation
Team leadership and performance management
- Leadership in light of performance and results
- Leadership styles, situational leadership
- Sources of power
- Performance of the working team
- Systemic factors affecting performance
- Human factors
- Conditions for building a high-performing team
- Preventing and handling conflicts in a team